Friday, April 27, 2012

The Horizon and The Rooftop Meet

I haven't posted in this blog in nearly 2 years, and a LOT has changed. In the last blog I made, I was a single 19-year old. Now I am a 21-year old married woman. It's pretty crazy thinking back on how quickly things fell into place with my husband Jesse. We began dating and got married within a year and a half. While we were dating, I thought things were going slow, but looking back, it all happened so fast!

I guess I wanted to blog, simply about things in life now. Currently it is 10pm on a Friday night and Jesse has been sleeping for almost 2 hours! That's OK. I've been cleaning and disinfecting the kitchen and taking the trash out in my PJs. He is seriously the sweetest things when he sleeps...

I'm just going to be real with this blog, I don't even care who reads it. I may talk about girly things like having babies or housewife-y stuff. Like, ladies, ladies! I just found the NIFTIEST thing to use to effectively clean the inside panel of a wall vent!!! Yeah... But, none of that stuff.

So I live in Champaign, Illinois now. I'm glad. Ever since I was about 17 years old I've been driving 45 minutes from my parents home to do various things, or see various people in this town. And now I actually live here! In a house! With my awesome husband! It's pretty neat. Our neighborhood is very "down home." Normal folk. It's nice. Apparently tomorrow is the big Illini Marathon and these do-gooders are going to be traipsing all around my house. Figuring out how to get anywhere tomorrow may be a task.

What kind of motivated me to write a blog, was a blog I happened upon via a practical joke I wanted to pull on Facebook. A few months back, one of my sisters posted a picture on her Facebook of a pregnancy test. And obviously since most people don't post pictures of negative pregnancy tests, I about had a heart attack. But upon further investigation (erm, clicking on the picture), I was greeted by that little window on the test simply saying "just kidding." I remembered that and thought it'd be funny to post the same picture on my Facebook. Mostly because the thought of having a baby totally freaks Jesse out. I thought especially his parents would get a kick out of it. ;)

So anyway, I'm Google image searching this picture. I found it, clicked the image, and it led me to this 29-year old married woman's blog. I think her name is Jenn. She has been married to her husband for 3 years and has been trying to have a baby (with no luck) for almost 1.5 years. It was interesting reading her blog, because as someone who has never been pregnant and has never tried to get pregnant, I cannot relate. But at the same time I had the capabilities of relating. Let me explain...

Fertility to a woman (OK, most women) is a huge deal. Obviously it's not what makes us a woman, but it's a huge part of it. A huge part of what makes us different from men. And pregnancy and having babies is a huge, huge blessing. I know that now. The thought of not being able to get pregnant is a daunting one. And seriously, after reading this woman's blog and kind of putting myself in her shoes, if you're a woman who has had children, you are very, very blessed! There are a lot of couples out there who cannot have biological children! Or those who are really struggling to do so.

Whoa... Jesse moved and about whacked me upside the head...

God has really given Jesse and myself a desire to adopt. My heart melts for babies who just aren't getting the kind of lovin' they deserve. (Unfortunately, these babies aren't all orphans.) I would find it a gargantuan blessing to be able to care for, and adopt one of these children. I've said babies, but it's not like we only want to adopt babies. At my current age, the younger the child, the better. It might just be a little crazy if we adopted a 10-year old or something. But in most countries, I think there has to be a pretty significant age gap between child and parent anyway.

Well, those are only a few thoughts I have for tonight. It's almost 11pm and I'm getting kind of tired... AND OLD! See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment